This Field Notes Limited Edition set was inspired by urban architecture, and the juxtaposition of new and old styles in large American cities! These notebooks are proper Sketch Books with top-quality body paper and beautiful covers illustrated by Steve McDonald you can color in when you need a mindful moment or a creative break. Each notebook has a little bonus compilation of useful (and not-so-useful) information about the city featured on the front.
- Cover Illustrations by Steve McDonald
- Set of 2 Classic Field Notes Memo Books
- 48 "Ultra White" blank pages, 70#T Eggshell Mohawk Superfine
- Dimensions: 4.75" × 7.5" (121mm × 191mm).
Cover: Mohawk Superfine “Ultra White” 100#C with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira ink
- Printed and bound by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill.
- Stationery nerds scroll all the way down for all the nitty gritty details!
Field Notes as a brand owes their existence to a tradition of promotional memo books distributed to American farmers over the last hundred years by seed, tractor, and other agricultural companies. Field Notes co-founder Aaron Draplin has been collecting these for years, “rescuing them” from obscurity. His ever growing collection has served as the inspiration for the Field Notes brand as well as their ethos. While they first started with packages of three graph-ruled booklets wrapped with a thick kraft brown cover Field Notes has since printed dozens of variations and introduced the wildly popular quarterly additions, exploring new colors, papers, printing processes, and special packaging. They're based in Chicago where they design their products, which are then printed not too far away in Mount Prospect, Illinois using French Paper Company products from Niles, Michigan.
- 01. Illustrations by Steve McDonald: @stevedmcdonald, sdmcdonald.com
- 02. Proudly printed and bound by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill.
- 03. Cover: Mohawk Superfine “Ultra White” 100#C with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira ink.
- 04. Innards: Mohawk Superfine “Ultra White” 70#T Eggshell.
- 05. Cover and innards printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
- 06. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 07. Corners rounded to 1/2" (12.7mm) by a Challenge double-round-corner machine.
- 08. Pages left blank, ready to accommodate whatever you've got to throw at them.
- 09. Note book dimensions are 4-3/4" × 7-1/2" (121mm × 191mm).
- 10. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 11. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 12. UPCs - Pack A: New York & Miami 850032279215