We love this collaboration between The Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series and the Field Notes crew! Gorgeous illustrations of iconic National Parks are featured on the covers of these Memo Books, which are grouped into 3-Packs that make up the “National Parks” Series - this one features Rocky Mountain National Park, Great Smokey Mountains Nat'l Park, and Yellowstone Nat'l Park. In order to honor our National Parks system Field Notes is donating five percent of purchases of this series to the National Parks Service, to help preserve and expand on our nation’s best idea!
- Set of 3 Classic Field Notes Memo Books
- Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White" graph paper inside
- Dimensions: 3-1/2" × 5-1/2"
- Artwork credits: Rocky Mountain National Park by Rory Kurtz, Great Smoky Mountains National Park by Chris Turnham, Yellowstone National Park by Brave the Woods
- Covers are printed on 100-lb. cover stocks from the French Paper Company of Niles, Michigan, using a custom, five-color process that started with under-printing white ink allowing for the incorporation of the color of the paper into the artwork
- Stationery nerds scroll all the way down for all the nitty gritty details!
Field Notes as a brand owes their existence to a tradition of promotional memo books distributed to American farmers over the last hundred years by seed, tractor, and other agricultural companies. Field Notes co-founder Aaron Draplin has been collecting these for years, “rescuing them” from obscurity. His ever growing collection has served as the inspiration for the Field Notes brand as well as their ethos. While they first started with packages of three graph-ruled booklets wrapped with a thick kraft brown cover Field Notes has since printed dozens of variations and introduced the wildly popular quarterly additions, exploring new colors, papers, printing processes, and special packaging. They're based in Chicago where they design their products, which are then printed not too far away in Mount Prospect, Illinois using French Paper Company products from Niles, Michigan.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- 02. Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
- 03. Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- 04. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink.
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- 06.Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge round-corner machine.
- 07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES note books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.