We LOVE that we get to rep our neighborhood with this cute tote that does good too! Read about the maker below to learn how this tote makes a positive impact.
- Each bag is handcrafted by a co-op of artisan women in Bangladesh
- Carries over 135 lbs
- Jute bag with waterproof lining and natural, vegetable-tanned leather straps makes for a durable carryall that will be with you for years
- Interior slip pocket for phone & wallet measures 5'' x 7''
- 11.25'' Strap drop
- Bag Measurements: 12.5" wide x 15" in high x 5.5" in deep
- Useful for trips to the farmer's market or as an everyday tote
Following the 1971 war that established Bangladesh's independence, as a response to the growing pains experienced by the new nation, Saidpur Enterprises began as a project to help mothers trying to provide for malnourished children with employment producing jute handicrafts. Together with Apolis - who now sells their market totes worldwide - they provide fair trade wages and literacy classes as well as training on nutrition, women's legal rights, and educational awareness and finance. The totes are made of jute which is a natural resource indigenous to the area, helping to rebuild the local economy & create opportunity for the whole supply chain - farmer to artisan!