The Pinot Noir salt features layers of sour-sweet, savory, and a peppery heat to enhance your food and wine pairing. This salt enriches the natural sugars and savory flavors of your ingredients, adding body and heat to your dishes!
- Tasting Notes: Hatch Chile, Urfa Biber, Tamarind
- Quantity: Net Wt 1 oz / 28.35 G
- Non GMO, Vegan, Preservative Free
Beverage Pairing Recommendations:
- Pinot Noir wines balance the sweet, heat and body of your dishes, complimenting them with subtle spice and baked fruit notes in the wine
- Black IPA, American Brown Ale, Robust Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
Ingredient pairing recommendations:
- Meat: chicken (white/dark), duck, monkfish, mussels, pork shoulder, ground lamb, mussels, shrimp, tuna,
- Earthy veggies like beets, black beans, mushroom, carrots, parsnips, fennel, broccoli, cauliflower
- Compound butters & dry rubs made with Pinot Noir salt
- Allergy Info: processed in a facility that also processes wheat, peanuts, soy
Pairing food is like pairing people - chemistry matters, and great things can happen when things come together! Founder and chef entrepreneur of Pairing Salts, Atsuko Boyd, opened FoodStudio in 2002 and established a second career as a food consultant in New York and Philadelphia. Fast forward to a dinner with two chef friends. Over talk about the grind and the rarity of slowing down to enjoy the magic that can come from a shared meal, ironically over a shared meal, the idea for Pairing Salts™ was born. The idea was to create a brand that made the experience of quality eating and drinking available to home cooks on any night of the week - without the overthinking and planning usually needed. At Pairing Salts™ their passion for food, friends, and taste science lead to a simple way to highlight the honest flavors of your dish. Using only real ingredients and adding more convenience, Pairing Salts™ creates endless possibilities for good taste for everyone, every day, everywhere in one package.