These original Field Notes 48-page notebooks are a classic! Sturdy, useful, and easy to slide into a pocket or toss in your work / school / every day bag. This mixed 3-pack includes a notebook for any occasion or use with one each lined, graph, and blank.
- Set of 3 Classic Field Notes Memo Books
- One each: lined, graph, and blank
- Dimensions: 3-1/2" × 5-1/2"
- Materials: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C "Packing Brown Wrap"
- Bound by a rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process
- Designed, printed, and manufactured in the US
- Stationery nerds scroll all the way down for all the nitty gritty details!
Field Notes as a brand owes their existence to a tradition of promotional memo books distributed to American farmers over the last hundred years by seed, tractor, and other agricultural companies. Field Notes co-founder Aaron Draplin has been collecting these for years, “rescuing them” from obscurity. His ever growing collection has served as the inspiration for the Field Notes brand as well as their ethos. While they first started with packages of three graph-ruled booklets wrapped with a thick kraft brown cover Field Notes has since printed dozens of variations and introduced the wildly popular quarterly additions, exploring new colors, papers, printing processes, and special packaging. They're based in Chicago where they design their products, which are then printed not too far away in Mount Prospect, Illinois using French Paper Company products from Niles, Michigan.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
- 02. Cover: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C "Packing Brown Wrap," with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Dachshund Nose" black soy-based Toyo ink.
- 03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown soy-based Toyo ink.
- 04. Cover printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40" 6-color printing press.
- 05. Innards printed on a Miller TP104 28" × 40" 2-color printing press.
- 06. Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 "Stitchmaster" 8-pocket saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
- 07. Corners precisely rounded to 3/9" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
- 08. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm). Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm). Crisp plain paper. 48 Pages.
- 09. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm x 140mm).
- 10. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 11. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.