This superfood honey combines delicious wildflower honey with matcha, long known for its health benefits. Because Matcha is made from high-quality tea, and the whole leaves are ingested, it’s a potent source of nutrients. The tea plants are covered 20 -30 days prior to harvest to avoid direct sunlight to boosts the plants' chlorophyll and amino acids helping you get the most out of your matcha!
- Net weight: 16 oz / 1 lb
- Superfood infused for your health with hand-selected and organic superfoods that taste delicious
- All natural 100% Raw Honey
- Free of any added sugars, wax, or pesticides
- Sustainably sourced from the Johnson family's hives in Hunderton County, NJ
- Harvested from 3 million bee friends using a beefirst mindset
- Honey should be stored in a sealed container away from direct sunlight
- Because this honey is raw and unpasteurized, experts recommend waiting until children are at least one year old before introducing honey to their diet
- Fun honey fact: Raw honey is only strained before it's bottled, which means it retains most of the beneficial nutrients and antioxidants that it naturally contains. Conversely, traditional honey undergoes a variety of processing, which may remove beneficial nutrients like pollen and reduce it’s level of antioxidants.
Zach & Zoe Sweet Bee Farm is a family-owned apiary in Central New Jersey named after the oldest children of the Johnson family. They started beekeeping in 2015 an effort to alleviate their son Zach’s severe seasonal allergies, made worse by his co-occurring asthma, by incorporating raw honey from local hives into his diet. In their initial search for remedies to alleviate his allergic reactions they kept reading about the many benefits of natural, raw honey and how local honey can help prevent allergies through a concept called immunotherapy. It’s a process that strategically exposes your body to the element you are allergic to, which over time should make you less sensitive to it. In this case raw honey, named as such because it has not been filtered or heated, contains pollen and the body becomes more tolerant of pollen, thus reducing your allergic reaction. There was a huge difference in Zach’s allergies with the addition of raw honey to his diet. Quickly the Johnson's became frequent visitors to the local beekeepers they were purchasing raw honey from, leading to an increasing curiosity about beekeeping. After months of research and coaxing by their local beekeeping friends the Johnson's decided to take the plunge and officially start their journey as beekeepers - doing it the right way. No pesticides. No additives. Just PURE, RAW HONEY from bees that they value, nurture, and love. Nothing more.
Their goal is to build community through Zach & Zoe and to raise awareness about the importance of raw honey and beekeeping.